[EDGERTON CV as .pdf – edgerton CV (2016-08)]
Michael Edward Edgerton
Associate Professor of Music Composition
Mr. Zhao Ke; International Exchange Division
Guangxi Arts University; 7th Jiaoyu Rd.
cell: 0086-157 7840 1925 • email@example.com
1996 to 1999 Postdoctoral Fellow, The National Center for Voice and Speech
1988 to 1994 D.M.A. (Doctorate in Musical Arts), Music Composition, The University of Illinois
1985 to 1987 M.M. (Masters of Music), Music Composition, Michigan State University
1979 to 1984 B.A. (Bachelor of Arts), Vocal Performance, The University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Current and Previous Positions
2015 to current: The Guangxi Arts University, Department of Music
– Associate Professor
– Teach courses in composition
2011 to 2014: The University of Malaya, Department of Music
– Associate Professor
– Teach courses in Composition I & II, Form & Analysis (incl. species counterpoint), Contemporary Vocal Ensemble, Introduction to Psychoacoustics; direction of graduate theses.
– Introduce international contemporary music performance series; direct Merle Noir, a voice group dedicated to contemporary music; and supervise new music performances by student composers.
– Academic Service includes Higher Degrees Committee (JIT), Academic Committee Member (JKA) and Music Division Committee. Tasked with development of DMA and MM degree programs in composition and performance. Led Musicology Search Committee. Served on PhD Committee Viva Voce (Oral Examination).– Tasked with implementation and development of an innovative High Impact Research Center, The ICVR (International Center for Voice Research), a multi-site consortium devoted to the interdisciplinary study of voice.
– Supervision of graduate and undergraduate theses, topics including: localization in blind, blinded and sighted persons (audiology); acoustics of the angklung; acoustics of the ukulele; timing characteristics in piano performance – emotion; singer’s formant in Chinese-Malaysian classically trained singers; classification scheme of reinforced harmonic production; investigation of subharmonic production of the violin; multimodal tracking of bowed string instruments.
2000 to 2011: Private Instruction; England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Sweden
2007: Composer-in-Residence; University of Teesside, Institute of Digital Innovation
2006 to 2007: Leverhulme Composer-in-Residence; University of Abertay Dundee
2001: Visiting Faculty of Music; Conservatory of Music in Joensuu, Finland
1999: Instructor of Music; Southwestern College in San Diego, CA
1996 to 1999: Postdoctoral Fellow; The University of Wisconsin – Madison
1995: Visiting Instructor in Music; Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea
1988 to 1991: Instructor and Teaching Assistant; The University of Illinois at Urbana
1985 to 1988: Teaching Assistant; Michigan State University